…the photographer here behind Jessica Leigh Photography. I began my journey into business back in 2009 while on a family trip in North Carolina’s Outer Banks. I brought my simple little Rebel XTi, speedlight and my best lens, and photographed my younger sisters on the beach one morning at sunrise. We woke up at 5am and had a blast! The pictures weren’t perfect, but I was looking for some kind of outlet, or “side hustle”, from my day job. That morning, on a warm summer day in July, I started my professional photography business!
It’s a few years later and I have never looked back. I’ve seen so much growth over the last few years and know that I am in the right place. As I continue to look forward to the future, my most important goal is to continue fostering the wonderful relationships with my clients and photographer friends around the world.
If you’re reading this as an interested client, please take a moment to contact me so we can get to know each other better. I am excited at the chance to hear more about you and what you’re looking for, as well as to give you an opportunity to make sure that I’m the right photographer for your family! I respond to all of my inquiries with a phone call, so please make sure to specify a good time to reach you.
If you’re a photographer, your insight and support as we walk similar paths is important to me, and I hope to be able to offer you the same! I’m an active member of Clickin’ Moms and Light Inspired. Are you?!
Do you love reading “Top 10″ fun facts about people as much as I do? If so, here are mine, in no particular order…
I am ~
- a coffee addict.
- a Chicago-area native, tried and true. I left when I was super young to live in the middle of the state and again for 4 years of college in Madison, WI.
- a Country music fanatic with too many favorite artists to name.
- a mama to a darling little fur baby named Kate. She’s a cream miniature dachshund and I love her to pieces!
- a wife to pretty much the perfect guy (when he wants to be). He cooks (amazing meals), cleans, rubs my back, takes the dog for walks, and he even does his own laundry!
- a digital scrapbooker, because I’m not as good as I want to be at the paper and tape kind.
- an avid reader…of trilogies especially, or really large books in multiple parts! I’m about to begin Game of Thrones after seeing the first two HBO seasons…!
- an obsessive compulsive organizer. Email inbox, computer folders/backups, paperwork/files, drawers, you name it. The current state of our house after recently moving would not lead you to believe this statement.
- an incessant quoter of Elf…first, we’ll make snow angels for two hours…
- a happy woman when behind my camera lens!
Thank you for reading about me. Now, let’s connect so that I can hear all about you!